Friday 8 June 2007

Day 38 "Mat 10:32-42"

>> Timeless Principles:
v39:
Jesus said that the true meaning of life will be found when we give our lives up for Him. Focusing only on earthly living may cause us to miss God's best plan for our lives. Not only that, many people have realised (sadly, often it's only happen when they're on their death bed) that the earthly rewards only satisfy them temporary, the more they have it, the more empty they feel. Indeed, the true meaning of life should come from God, the Author of life Himself and we need to come to Him in order to find out the meaning & purpose of our lives.

>> Specific Words:
v39:
It's a simple concept, yet very hard to act. I need to continually draw near to God and ask for His help that I can be willing to give my life up more for Him, so that I may find and experience the true meaning of life.
Q1:
- Jesus wants His disciples to be fully committed to Him.
- He implied to the hearer that He is God. Putting Jesus above everything else in our lives is an expression of our worship to Him.
Q2:
- God's Words is like a mirror for me (Jam 1:23-25). Whenever I read it, I reflect on myself whether I've been obedience to it. Furthermore, it's only by the power of Holy Spirit we can obey God's Words in its entirety. Therefore, I need to always come to His Words with humility, fear and trembling. In humility means knowing how I am according to God's standard and it always help me not to be proud of myself or to judge/look down on others. After looking at God's Words, I realised how much I need to change to be like Him and how much I need the power of the Holy Spirit to help me to change. In fear and trembling means knowing that God has the power to judge those who rebel or are disobedient to Him. It helps me realise that I have to obey His Words, not legalistically to attain salvation, but out of my knowledge of Him, the Judge and King of this world.
- A humble attitude helps me to realise how much I need Him to help me and prevent me to have pride and judge others.
Q3:
I believe God wants me to grow more in commitment to Him. Even, two weeks ago I received a prophecy from Jn 12:24-25 -> I need to be like a kernel of wheat who fall to the ground and die in order to bear fruits.

>> Applications:
- Draw near to God and rely on Holy Spirit to be able to give my life more to Him, so that I can experience and discover the true meaning of my life.
- Come to God with humility, fear and trembling to be changed more.

>> Spiritual Experiences:
- This morning I was a bit worried with many things, e.g. wet clothes due to cold weather, budgeting contingency plan, not promising results for my thesis, etc.... At the end, I felt that my joy and peace were robbed from me. It makes me realise that it's my right to have that peace, joy, love, kindness, etc.. (Gal 5:22-23) but I can allow them to leave me if I'm worry, i.e. not careful with my thoughts.. Praise God that as I commit every matter to Him, His presence is filling my life again.

No comments: