Thursday 7 June 2007

Day 37 "Mat 10:21-31"

>> Timeless Principles:
v23:
Jesus assured the disciples that the help will come quickly in the time of persecution, and they need to keep persevere. We can be very impatient when difficult and challenging time arise, yet Jesus assures us for deliverance before it's too late.

>> Specific Words:
v23:
I need to keep persevering in difficult times through holding on God's promises for deliverance.
Q1:
- Jesus encouraged them to persevere, because God knew and He cared for them. He even promised deliverance when the persecution time arise. Jesus also reminded them the risk or consequences to be His followers to prepare the disciples for the difficult times.
- They're equipped in their heart & mind preparation as well as practical instructions of what to do during those challenging situations.
Q2:
It reminded me that God is more powerful than anything else. He has the power to deliver and judge. His blessings and judgments have eternal consequences, while others are only temporary.
Q3:
- Our courage comes by knowing that God is by our side. He cares and will deliver in His appointed time.
- Knowing God more to help increase faith and confidence that God is with me. Furthermore, in difficult times I need to come closer to God to sense & experience His presence, strength rather than be discouraged or have self pity.

>> Applications:
- Draw near to God at all times, especially during difficult times to help me to persevere in following Him.
- Continue to meditate on God's Words since during persecution time, only His Words that can help me to persevere.

>> Spiritual Experiences:
- Quite tired today, coz didn't really sleep last nite. I stayed overnite in the Bundoora campus. I haven't got a proper results too for my thesis analysis. I've been trying this many years and hours. However, God encouraged me through Isa 40:31 last nite, that if I continue to hope in Him (not relying on my strength), God will continue to renew me, help me to go on. So, I'll just continue to do whatever I know I need to do and hope in God at the same time.

No comments: