Sunday 3 June 2007

Day 33 "Mat 9:18-26"

>> Timeless Principles:
v24:
Jesus knew that He's able to raise the child to life again. He acted as if the child was already healed and alive. Our faith is expressed through our actions. For example, we need to act as if our prayers are already answered, if we have faith that God answers our prayers.

>> Specific Words:
v24:
I need to act according to God's Words as an expression of my faith on His Words, even though I don't feel like it or when my circumstances are seemed to contradict the Bible.
Q1:
Jesus responded with compassion (v22) despite his hectic schedule.
Q2:
Practically, I need to allow flexibility in my schedule so that I can always be available. However, God will also always enable us to meet the needs of the people in any circumstances if we are willing to be used by Him (2 Cor 9:8).
Q3:
Currently, I feel that I'm still caring with the same amount of people as last year. However, I can sense that God is training me to continually be faithful with what I have (Be faithful in small things in order to be faithful in greater things - Mat 25:21). He also allow this time of stretching to enlarge my heart and ability to take more responsibilities.

>> Applications:
- Think, speak and act according to God's Words as an expression of faith.
- Rely upon God's grace to enable me to meet people needs in any circumstances (2 Cor 9:8).

>> Spiritual Experiences:
- Praise God for Stefan who shared to me how he felt about my leadership during Time Out. His opennes allowed me to see my weakness. Areas to be improved include overcoming timidity through reliance on God (2 Tim 1:7) - exactly what God spoke to me through OC 07 and Ps Stephen's prophecy few years ago, skills to utilise team members strength for enhanced team work and be an opportunist.

No comments: