Wednesday 4 July 2007

Day 64 "Mat 18:1-6"

>> Timeless Principles:
v4:
Jesus said that in order to be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, we need to humbe ourselves to learn and be like little children (childlike). God would like us to be childlike, because children are trusting by nature, humble since they are weak and dependent and have sincere hearts.

>> Specific Words:
v4:
God wants me to develop this childlike faith & characteristics in my personal life.
Q1:
Due to the nature of children that God would like to see in the disciples (adults) lives too, such as sincere trust in God, fully reliance on God, and humility.
Q2:
- Some, those who are more mature in faith are more humble (more childlike).
- 1 on 1 discipleship and be brothers & sisters keeper so we have a sense of responsibility of one another's life.
Q3:
My initial motives were not too good in the beginning (desire to be the greatest just like the disciples). But I can sense that God's allowing the trial and challenges in my life to test my heart and my eagerness to serve (1 Pet 5:2) as well as to purify my motives. I praise God for what He's doing in humbling me.

>> Applications:
- Grow in childlike characters
- Allow God to humble me to be childlike and rejoice in it.

>> Spiritual Experiences:
- Just before I read this passage, I spotted one book in my shelf (gift from a church friend). Then, I just reminded about this person who gave me this gift. This person used to give me bday gift consistently, but it has stopped now. I think when I first met this person, few years ago, this person really admired my zeal for God, and it's probably not anymore today. If it really happen this way, I'll understand. Since that time, I experience so many challenges (still waiting for breakthrough) in my personal lives and ministry, that I myself even lose confidence (self esteem) that outwardly my zeal seems drop (not as gung ho as before). Praise God that He always lift my inward zeal for Him during discouragement. After thinking about it, I praise God that He's pruning my life, help me to be a humble person. Not only that, He confirmed this thought by talking to me through the passage today. Is it a coincidence or destiny?

No comments: