Thursday 24 May 2007

Day 23 "Mat 6:16-18"

>> Timeless Principles:
v17:
Jesus would like us to fast secretly before God with a pure motivation, rather than as a show off. It's also applicable generally when we serve God. We don't need to show other ppl that we serve God very hard, instead we need to have a pure motivation (love God & love ppl) and put a very joyful face.

>> Specific Words:
v17:
I should not show a very tired face when I serve God, though I really tired physically. By God's grace, I need to show joyful face expression as I serve God very hard (faithfully). Anyway, serving God should be very easy (Mat 11:29).
Q1:
Often people gain self confidence / dignity from what ppl say about them. We need to gain self acceptance, confidence and dignity from God's Words (our true identity). Hence, the religious ppl in Jesus time served God with the wrong motives.
Q2:
- To seek God, to humble myself, to learn self discipline and self control.
- Usually I fast before CG or evax, however currently none as I find I have so much work to do. Need God's help to start my regular fast again : ).
- Fasting taught me to be dependence on God more.
Q3:
God desires me to be able to spend time to seek Him, rather than just to go without meals.

>> Applications:
- Serve God with pure motives & continually show joyful face by God's grace to encourage others.
- Ask God to help to start again regular fast so I can seek Him more.

>> Spiritual experiences:
- I slept possibly only abt 2 hrs last nite coz I have a deadline for my thesis. Praise God that though this week still have lots of casual (~10 hrs), somehow I managed to increase my references for Lit Review from 44 to 69. I was amazed myself, though due to deadline, I just assume for some of the ref. I didn't read as thorough. Hope that deadline can help me more to be effective and efficient, excellent yet not perfectionist.
- Praise God for His joy in my heart, though I'm physically tired. I felt my head is just floating in the air.. Caffeine effect?? I drank 3 cups of coffee yest....

No comments: